Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

100% Pure New Zealand


Activity one: 3 Interesting Facts About New Zealand

Facts:

  1. Hamilton's Jet boat and Bungee jumping are the most popular Kiwi inventions.
  2. Rugby is the most well liked sport in New Zealand.
  3. Maori culture is a basic part of New Zealand's name.


Activity two: Five Favorite Activities of this Video:
  • Auckland Museum
  • Walks on the beach at Mission Bay.
  • Sky Tower
  • Auckland Domain
  • Auckland Zoo

Bonus Activity: Design a new flag for New Zealand
The reason why I chose to add the four stars because it represents the southern cross which is also known as the crux and is also on the original New Zealand flag and the background represents the Maori culture.


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme, Rhonda! We are so happy that you are blogging with us this holiday. We're also really happy to see that you have already posted three activities and it's only the first day of the programme. WOW! Way to go!

    I hope that you enjoyed reading through the Tourism NZ website and learning a bit more about the history and culture of New Zealand. I think that you have selected three very interesting facts to share with us. I am intrigued by the third fact, in particular. Could you please tell us more about what you mean by 'Maori culture is the basic part of New Zealand's name.' Are you referring to the Maori name that we use for New Zealand (i.e. 'Aotearoa') or are you referring to something else? I would love to know more!

    As well, if you had the chance, could you please re-post your flag. For some reason it isn't loading on my computer. I can read that you added four stars to represent the southern cross and chose a background to represent the Maori culture but, unfortunately, I can't see the flag.

    Thanks so much, Rhonda! I am really looking forward to reading more of your blogs posts over the next two weeks.

    Until then,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the flag, I have updated it and posted it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.