Pages

Thursday 8 March 2018

Chelsea Buns!

Today, the Year 8’s and I went to Tech for cooking class. My partner and I, Justice had a task to cook Chelsea buns.
This is how you make it.
What you need:
  • ¼ cup of warm water
  • ½ tsp Edmonds active yeast.
  • 3 cups Edmonds high grade flour.
  • 1 tsp salt.
  • 1 Tbsp sugar.
  • ¾ cup of warm milk.
  • 3 Tbsp melted butter.
Filling:
  • 50g butter, softened
  • ½ cup of Brown Sugar
Method:

  • Place warm water and sugar into a small bowl. Stir so that the sugar will be dissolved. 
  • Add ½ tsp of yeast into the mixture and place it into a warmer for 10 minutes.
  • Sift 3 cups of flour and 1 tsp of salt into a large bowl. 
  • Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in milk, melted butter and the yeast. Beat with a wooden spoon until it forms a ball.
  • Take the ball of dough out and knead until the dough is smooth. 
  • Punch the dough in the center and then roll out to a 30 x 25 cm rectangle. 
  • For the filling you will need to brush the rectangle with melted butter and spread the ½ of brown sugar on it. 
  • Roll out like a sponge and using a knife to cut it out into 12 pieces and place it into a metal tray.
  • Bake at 190˚C for 25 minutes or until it is golden.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Rhonda, I am a year 7 student at Greymain in Greymouth. I really like your post on how to make chelsea buns, before I read this I did'nt know how to make those buns, they are my favourite. We do Tech at our school too, I am in the computer class.
    From Honor.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.