Pages

Thursday 26 May 2016

Stirring the compost around is fun!

One Monday 23rd of May, Room 7 and I made our class compost. My teacher Miss Chao put us into four groups. Two groups were in charge of ripping up clean newspaper and cutting up banana peels into smaller pieces. The other two groups had to collect browns from outside the classroom. Browns are things like twigs and brown leaves.

I was in the fourth group with my classmates Punipuao, Tristan and Christian. We had to go outside and collect leaves and twigs. We ran to oak tree to collect leaves while the other group went to collect twigs and more leaves.

Then we headed back to class and cut them up with scissors. We cut them so that they would decompose more quickly. After that, we stirred the compost and added a little bit of water to keep it moist.

My favourite part was when we stirred the compost around.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount introduction, followed by the body and then a conclusion of Room 7 making compost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.