Pages

Monday 9 May 2016

Do you know the rules for Netball?

On Friday 6th of May, Room seven and I went to the top court to play netball. Our coaches’ names were Tina and Mark. Tina told us to get into a big circle so we could say our name, age and what we wanted to be when we grow up. I said that I want to be a nurse because I want to look after all the sick people around the world.


After that, Tina told us to get into a line then we had to jog to the other side of the court and run back. I felt very tired when I came back. Tina said that every second person on the line had to step back. She taught us how to do lunges across the court. We had to do it until we reached the yellow line.


Then the second row had a turn. I didn't have fun going up and down because my legs were hurting but I didn't care because it was part of my exercise.


After that, Tina told us to find a partner. My partner was Punipuao. When we find our partner, we had to stand on one leg and try to bump each other. If we fell, we had to land on both feet. Punipuao was the winner.


Then Tina told us that whoever won had to go to the left side and whoever lost had to go to the right side. Tina told us to find a different partner and try the activity again with our new partner.

Room 7 had a lot of fun playing netball with Tina and Mark. When Netball was over, we said, ‘‘Thank you!’’ to Tina and Mark. We all went back to class feeling sweaty and thirsty.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I follow the structure of a recount by starting with the orientation, followed by the body and then the conclusion of our first Netball session.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.