Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

Do you know how to wash your own clothes?

During the weekends my parents, sister and I went to the laundromat to wash all of our dirty clothes. Before we left, we had to put our dirty clothes in a big bag. Then I took the bags to my dad’s big, grey van. After that, we took off.

Image result for washing machine cartoonIt took us 12 minutes to get there. When we got there, my sister and I took the bags inside the laundromat. Then we put the clothes in three of the machines because our clothes couldn’t all fit in one.

Then my mum put some soap powder into the washing machine. In Tongan we call the soap powder ‘omo.’ My mum put four dollars into the machine to wash the clothes for 30 minutes.

While the clothes were being washed, my mum, sister and I went to the shops to buy something to eat, while my dad waited in the van. We bought some hot chips, a feijoa flavoured drink and a caramel flavoured popcorn.

After we bought the food, we went back to the laundromat to eat the food that we have bought. I ate the popcorn because it had a lot of flavour. When I was eating the popcorn, I gave some to my sister because she wanted to eat some as well. After that, I drank some of the feijoa flavoured drink and it tasted very fizzy.

Soon my mum went to check to see if the clothes were ready  and it was so we put the clothes into the big plastic bag to put in the van. Once we placed the bag in the van, we drove off back home.

My favourite part of the day was when my sister and I ate the caramel popcorn because it tasted delicious and sweet.

Learning Intention: We are learning to use appropriate descriptive language in our writing.
Success Criteria: I know I can do this when I use action verbs to describe what I did at the laundromat with my parents and my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.