Pages

Friday 5 August 2016

Mmm, I love eating a chocolate cake!

Image result for chipmunksDuring the Holidays, my brother, sister, uncles and I went to Chipmunks in Manukau to celebrate my nephew’s 1st birthday. I was very excited to get there. We travelled in my uncle’s blue car.


It took us 1 hour to get there because Manukau was far away from our house. On the way to Chipmunks, my sister and I were playing ‘I spy.’ After a while,  My uncle stopped at the gas station to get some gas. Then we headed straight to Manukau.
When we arrived at our destination, my uncle parked the car first. My brother, sister and I were very excited to get inside the venue. We quickly hopped out of the car then ran inside.


When we first got inside, we saw a lot of people, plenty of food and drinks on the tables, big slides, tunnels, bouncy castles, soft stairs, rock climb, swings for little kids, a lot of squashy balls, small slides, ladders, medium spaceship and a small train.


My brother, sister and I went on the big slide. To get up the big slide we had to climb up the ladder. It was very slippery because we were wearing socks, so we took our socks off. When we got up, we felt very scared because it was very high and when I slid down, I felt butterflies in my stomach. Weeeeeee!!!!!! Down and down I went.


After that, I went back up the slide because it was so much fun! And this time, I did not feel as nervous as the first time. Then, my cousins and aunties and myself were asked to sing three Tongan songs before everybody sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to the celebrant. Also, grandpa read a verse from the tongan bible.


My cousin lit the candle and everyone began to sing the happy birthday song. I felt very happy for my nephew. My nephew blew the candle and my uncle cut the cake. We all grabbed a piece of cake each and ate all up. It tasted very delicious!


After the cake ceremony, we started eating the main meal. I ate some chop suey, chicken, potato and vegetable salad. They tasted yummy! Then, my brother, sister and I went to a table where there was a lot of cupcakes, easter eggs and lollies. We grabbed a small bag and put some lollies inside to eat. We saved some lollies for our siblings so that they could have some lollies too when we got back home.


Then, we all went back on the big slide again. My cousin and I had a race. The first one to the bottom wins. I counted 3,2, 1. We slid down very fast. My Cousin won and I was very happy for him. After half an hour, the party was finished and we went back home.

My favourite part of the day was eating the cake which happened to be my favourite chocolate flavoured cake with chocolate frosting!


Learning intention: We are learning to use descriptive language in our writing.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use verbs to describe my day at Chipmunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.