Pages

Thursday 23 June 2016

Mum! Did you know that it takes a long time to wash your clothes in the washing machine?

During the weekends, my parents, sister and I went to the laundromat to wash our school clothes.

 


Before we left, we had to put our school uniforms in a bag so that we could carry them to the laundromat. After we have done that, we left the house. We went in our dad's small and grey car. I was very happy and excited.

It took us 13 minutes to get there. When we got there, we quickly rushed out of the car and took the bag with our sticky clothes into the laundromat.

After that, we put all the clothes into one of the washing machines. My mum put some washing powder into the machine and then she out $5.00 dollars into the machine. Next she pushed the start button.

While the clothes were being washed, my sister and I went to play outside the laundromat. My sister and I played tag. My sister gave me 10 seconds to run away away from her. When my sister had finished counting down, she ran towards me and tried to tag me. My sister and I stopped after a while because we felt tired.

We both walked slowly to the car to get a drink of water. My sister loved the refreshing water so she drank a lot of it. I was very impressed of how much she was able to drink.

After a while, my mum, dad sister and I went to check to see if our washing was done. When we checked it was one more minute to go so my dad told my sister to get the bag from the car for us to put the wet clothes in.

When the washing cycle was complete, we quickly put our clothes in the car and took them home. We hung our clothes on the fence to dry.

I had a great time going to the laundromat. Next time I hope we wash our clothes at home instead of the laundromat so that we can save some money.

Learning intention: We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use adjectives to describe my trip going to the laundromat in the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.