Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2016

Celebrating Guy Fawkes Day is fun!

On Saturday 5th of November, my dad, brothers, sisters and I celebrated Guy Fawkes Day with some fireworks. I was very excited. Before we lit up some fireworks, we watched the fireworks from the other houses because my dad was still asleep, so we had to wait for him to wake up.

I loved looking at the fireworks because it was very pretty and colourful. My youngest brother didn’t come outside because he was really scared and frightened of the fireworks, so he watched the fireworks through the windows inside our house.

Image result for FireworksWhen my dad woke up, he went to the car to get the fireworks. Then we began lighting the fireworks. My dad brought the sparklers for us to light up for my younger siblings, and we lit up some sparklers for ourselves. My little sister felt scared when she was holding the sparklers so she gave it to me instead to hold.

After that, my older brother Kolio lit up some fireworks. It looked so cool when it went up into the sky. Kolio only lit up some of the fireworks, because we had to save some of them for the next day. My brother Kolio also lit some of the firework bombs.

When Kolio first lit one of the bombs, he almost hurt himself because he was too close. After the first bomb ended, we bought some chicken and chips and ate it while we were watching the fireworks around our house.

I had a great time lighting up fireworks with my dad, brothers and sisters. Next time I hope we get to light up all the fireworks, because it’s so exciting to watch them explode in the sky.

Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use appropriate adjectives to describe my recount of celebrating Guy Fawkes Day with my family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.