Pages

Sunday 6 November 2016

Going to a Halloween party is fun!

During the weekends my mum, sisters, brothers and I went to Saint Andrews village hospital to celebrate Halloween with the elderly people who stays there. Before we got there, we had to go to the shops to buy some Halloween costumes to wear to the party.

After that, we went back home so that we could get changed into our costumes. We also had to wait for  my mum to get ready as well. After that, we left in my dad’s big and grey car. The Halloween party was held at the Saint Andrew’s village hospital. Saint Andrew’s village hospital is where my mum works and take care of the elderly.

When we got there, we all hopped out of the van and followed my mum inside. After I went inside,  I saw some old people, parents and a few children dressed up in costumes. Once everyone was inside the hospital the party began. A man that works in the hospital told everyone to go up to the front to sing a song.

The first song that we sang was called, ‘Old Mcdonald’. I had fun singing it. After that, we played a game. The game was called, ‘house’.
This was a game where two people hold hands with each other, with another person standing between them. If someone calls out, ‘In’ we put our hands down. If they call out, ‘Out’ then we put our hands up. However when someone calls out tornado then everyone runs around to find another house to live in.

I had a lot of fun playing House with the other children. After we finished playing the game,  everyone were given 24 pieces of candy. After that, it was time to eat. I had a lot of food like fried chicken wings, hot chips, sweet and sour pork, brownie, sushi, sausage sizzles and fish fingers. I quickly at all the food because I was very hungry.


After a while, the party was over and it was time for everyone to go home. I had a great happy time going to the Halloween party. I hope that the next Halloween party that I attend  will have a lot more food, as there weren’t much this time.
Learning intention: We are learning to write a recount.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use action verbs to describe what I did at the Halloween party that I went to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.